THE AMERICAN LEGION, DEPARTMENT OF GEORGIA
ROBERT E. “BOB” CAMPBELL MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- All Applications must be completed on typewriter or word processor.
- Applicant must be a child or grandchild of a Veteran of military service who is or was a member of the American Legion in the Ninth District Department of Georgia.
(Sponsoring Post is responsible for verification of American Legion Affiliation.)
- Applicant must be a graduating High School senior.
- Applicant must live in Georgia.
- Applicant must be sponsored by a Ninth District (Dept. of Georgia) American Legion Post.
- Academic requirements include students accumulated grade point average (GPA), class ranking and standardized test scores (SAT). Official records must be furnished.
- Applicant must have participation in school and community activities.
- This award is to be given on the basis of Academic Scholarship in core “only” subjects on 4.0 basis.
- Applicant must have transcript of grades. Transcript must be official document from High School and in a sealed envelope.
- One Scholarship will be awarded of $500.00.
- Applications must be received by April 15, of the current year.
- Applicant must have an endorsement from the sponsoring Post and High School Principal.
- Winner of Scholarship must contact Scholarship Committee by August 1st with notification of College they will attend. Check will be made to College to be applied to applicant’s account
- Applications must be mailed to:
American Legion Post 251
Attention: 9th District Scholarship Award Program (Thom Mash)
2760 Duluth Hwy 120
Duluth, Georgia 30096
- Name of Applicant: ____________________________________________________(First Middle Last)
- Home Address: ______________________________________________________________________
- City and State: ___________________________________, ______________ Zip: _____________
- Date of Birth: ________________________ Telephone #: ___________________________________
- Name of American Legion Member Sponsoring Applicant: ___________________________________
- Relationship to Sponsoring Member: _____________________________________________________
- Sponsoring Post Name and Number: _____________________________________________________
- Applicant must attach an endorsement from the sponsoring Post.
- School Applicant last attended (or is attending) _____________________________________________
- School Address: City _______________________________ State _________ Zip _______________
- Academic Excellence:
- Accumulated Grade Point Average (GPA) ______________________
- Class Ranking _____________________________________________
- Test Score (SAT) __________________________ ( Must attach official SAT record)
- Must attach official School Transcript.
- Must have 3.0 Average on a 4.0 Scale in Core Subjects in all Work taken in Grades 9-12.
- A recommendation from High School Principal must be attached to Application.
- Name of School where Applicant wishes to Enroll ___________________________________________
- Address of School to which check should be mailed if awarded (typically this is the business office.)
City: ____________________________ ST. ________ Zip: _________
- Name of Parent or Guardian of Applicant: _______________________________________________
- Parent’s/Guardian’s Address : ________________________________________________________
City ______________________________ ST. _________________ Zip: _____________________
- Are Parents or Grandparents Members of American Legion? _________________________________
(Answer the following questions # 18 through 21 in a short essay Answer Format of 300 words or less)
18. What School and Community Activities do you participate in?
- What do you see yourself doing in 10 years? Why?
- What Major do you plan to pursue?
- Who inspired you to seek a College Degree and why?